Brandon N. Olson, Principal
Welcome to West Elementary's website, we hope that you find everything that you need. Should you not be able to find something, please feel free to contact the office for further guidance and help.
Summer 2020 Guidance:
Parents/Guardians, due to the fact that we had an abrupt and unforeseen ending to our 2019-2020 school year, we need your help. Your student(s) lost 40 days (2 months) of academic instruction, so we need your help to make sure that your child(ren) do not fall behind.
Please encourage your student(s) to do the following at least 5 days per week throughout the summer until we return to school again:
(1) Read at least 30 minutes per day. This can be accomplished by parents reading to their children in lower grades.
(2) Do not neglect math! Have your students practice addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, decimals, depending on grade. If you are unsure what is grade appropriate, please email me and I will be happy to help.
(2) Encourage your students to get on a computer and access any one of the many online academic portals (for example: ABC Mouse, Educational Galaxy, Zearn, MobyMax, IXL, Teach Your Monster to Read, etc.).
(3) Reach out to your student's teacher and ask for guidance. They are here to help! Email is the best method of communication - please access their correct email on this website, or use your Remind App or Class Dojo. Many teachers are doing regular Zoom meetings - please encourage your students to attend.
(4) Love on them and reassure them that everything is going to be okay. We are here for your families and will be happy to help in any way. Please reach out to us if you have any specific needs and we will do whatever we can to help!